VirtualRPC-SE to VirtualRPC-AdjustSA
The StrongARM upgrade to VirtualRPC-AdjustSA includes a number of new features:
- Support for StrongARM, ARM710 and ARM7500 processor cores.
- RISC OS 4.39 with over 5 years worthof improvements over RISC OS 4.02.
- Run StrongARM only software, including FireFox, Thunderbird, MP3 encoders and more.
- HostFS2 allowing on the fly creation and deletion of mounts from within RISC OS.
- DrivePop HostFS Mount manager allows one click setup of cameras and pen drives.
- Faster screen update with support for a greater range of resolutions.
- AutoMode configuration plugin to generate correct mode sets for non standard display sizes.
- Mappings for files generated by the Windows version of OvationPro.
- Includes WinClip, allowing RISC OS to read and write to the Windows clipboard.
- Includes CallWin32 podule to allow communication between RISC OS and Windows.
- Autolaunch files under Windows from inside RISC OS with the VirtualAcorn Windows Controller.
- Improved battery manager with user configurable delay between battery checks.
- Updated applications including new versions of NetSurf, KinoAmp and more.
- And much more...
Plus all of the the latest improvements we have made for Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 are included:
- Products now function correctly with Windows 'User Account Control' enabled on Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Problems with ATAPI components causing startup or shutdown errors on PCs with no optical drives resolved.
- Support for all icon sizes up to 'extra large' under Windows 7 and later
- Now includes both Fireworkz and Pipedream as standard.
- Comprehensively overhauled User Guide, large sections have been completely re-written.
- Full set of RISC OS documentation included (PRMs, User Guides, BASIC guide, First Steps with RISC OS, C++ etc) as part of the 'RISC OS Bookshelf'.
- Updated with the latest !System components.
- PDF printing using Printers+ now enabled by default.
- Upgraded product installers making it easier to differentiate between each version of VirtualRPC and each software pack.
- Refreshed set of RISC OS applications.
- Includes all of the updates that we have released.
- In total there are over 200 improvements when compared with the previous 'silver' version.
The new StrongARM version of VirtualRPC will not interfere with your existing version as it will be installed in a different folder. An option is included in the new installer that will link to the HostFS harddisc in your original VirtualRPC. You can then copy your files and applications across from one VirtualRPC to the other inside RISC OS.
How to upgrade
To qualify for the special upgrade price you will need to return your complete VirtualRPC-SE pack. This includes the VirtualRPC-SE CD, the DVD case, colour cover, installation guide and RISC OS 4 licence sticker.
The upgrade process works like this:
- You complete the purchase and pay for the upgrade on-line with a debit/credit card.
You can pay with a cheque from a UK bank (payable in Sterling) made out to 3QD Developments Ltd. Include the cheque when you return your old product.
- You return your old VirtualRPC-SE pack, include your name, address, phone number & the upgrade you would like.
- We then send you out the 'new' VirtualRPC-AdjustSA pack (new install disc, licence sticker etc).
- You install the new VirtualRPC-AdjustSA and then contact us for a new unlock code.
Once your old CD arrives at our offices we will process the order. We strongly recommend that you use a tracked/insured service to return your CD. If it doesn't arrive at our offices we won't be able to process the upgrade and you may end up having to purchase a new copy of VirtualRPC.