VirtualRPC-AdjustSA Windows to Mac OS X Upgrade
Replace your Windows version of VirtualRPC-AdjustSA with the Mac OS X version.
VirtualRPC-Adjust turns your Mac into an accurate model of an Acorn StrongARM RISC PC computer with the very latest version of RISC OS. Almost any software that runs on a real Acorn RISC PC will run on VirtualRPC-Adjust. VirtualRPC-Adjust is supplied on CD and comes complete with:
- RISC OS 4.39 (RISC OS Adjust) operating system with all the latest updates from RISCOS.com.
- Supplied as a Universal Binary suitable for both PowerPC and Intel Macs.
- Includes StrongARM, ARM710 and ARM7500 processor cores.
- Comes complete with the standard ROM based applications such as !Draw, !Edit and !Paint.
- Read DOS formatted floppies using an external USB floppy drive.
- Directly read Acorn format CD ROMs and DVDs.
- Support for USB storage devices such as Pen Drives, memory cards etc.
- AutoMode configuration plugin to generate correct mode sets for non standard display sizes.
- Improved battery manager with user configurable delay between battery checks.
- Virtual ADFS hard disk drive with the latest universal !Boot sequence.
- Support for integrated graphics cards on both laptops and desktops.
- Unlimited hard disk sizes using the HostFS filing system.
- Support for up to 256Mb of RAM for RISC OS.
- Support for screen modes up to 8Mb in size allowing resolutions up to 1600x1200 in full 24bit colour.
- Power Management support to extend battery life on laptop computers.
- Printing using the supplied RISC OS printer drivers.
- Network access using ShareFS, plus network support for NetSurf, Hermes etc
- Internet access using a range of popular browsers and e-mail clients.
- Full commercial versions of Ovation, FasterPC and Mr Clippy.
- Sample software packs of Public Domain, Freeware and Shareware programs.
- Pre-configured memory settings which allow VirtualRPC-Adjust to run "out of the box".
- Runs RISC OS software such as Impression Publisher, Artworks and Textease.
- Access to the many thousands of RISC OS applications available.
- One year (from date of despatch from our offices) technical support via phone/e-mail.
- Lifetime technical support via the Support section of the VirtualAcorn website and the VirtualAcorn Forums.
In addition VirtualRPCAdjustSA for Mac OS X has been updated for Mac OS X Mavericks:
- Re-built for newer versions of Mac OS X.
- Newly designed installers fix the problem of error messages appearing after the user enters their password.
- New instructions for Mac OS X Mavericks and Mac OS X Gatekeeper.
- Includes all the previous updates released by us (including the replacement keyboard handler which resolves the random hangs reported by some users).
- Major re-write of all documentation.
- Refreshed set of RISC OS applications.
How to upgrade
To qualify for the special upgrade price you will need to return your original VirtualRPC-AdjustSA CD. The DVD case, colour cover, installation guide and RISC OS 4 licence sticker do not need to be returned.
The upgrade process works like this:
- You complete the purchase and pay for the upgrade on-line with a debit/credit card.
You can pay with a cheque from a UK bank (payable in Sterling) made out to 3QD Developments Ltd. Include the cheque when you return your old product.
- You return your old VirtualRPC-AdjustSA CD, include your name, address, phone number & the upgrade you would like.
- We then send you out the 'new' VirtualRPC-AdjustSA CD (and any other components that are required).
- You install the new VirtualRPC-AdjustSA and then contact us for an unlock code.
- You can keep using the Windows version for 30 days while you tranfer your files and settings.
Once your old CD arrives at our offices we will process the order. We strongly recommend that you use a tracked/insured service to return your CD. If it doesn't arrive at our offices we won't be able to process the upgrade and you may end up having to purchase a new copy of VirtualRPC.