www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A bit quiet in here
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:52 pm 

Well, I got in here - but it's a bit quiet. I wonder where everyone else is. Maybe they are still looking for the 'Register' button on the registration page and didn't realise that they have to click on the line relevant to their age.

:roll:

Still, ... I don't think much of the wallpaper. It looks a bit like the remains of a roll left over from Windows 98.

Oh well, time for a stroll ...

Cheers,

Ray D
:wink:

Post subject: Re: A bit quiet in here
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:43 am 
Site Admin

rayd wrote:
Well, I got in here - but it's a bit quiet. I wonder where everyone else is. Maybe they are still looking for the 'Register' button on the registration page and didn't realise that they have to click on the line relevant to their age.

:roll:

I had to lie in order to set the thing up :-) Anyways its quiet cos it still hasn't gone live yet - it should be linked up early next week.

Still, ... I don't think much of the wallpaper. It looks a bit like the remains of a roll left over from Windows 98.

Yes - time for a graphical rehash now the codes up.

Oh well, time for a stroll ...

Cheers,

Ray D
:wink:

Post subject: Where is everybody ?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:36 am 

As a long time user of Acorn machines, from BBC B days etc. I am hoping to extend the life of this beautiful operating system, even if it has to be on a PC. I haven't found anything to equal the simplicity and ease of use of DRAW, and as I use this a lot for creating simple diagrams, I wanted it on my Windows computer. Thanks to the developers of Virtual Acorn, I can now draw all the diagrams I want, and scale them exactly, and I can add text any way I want and...... but wait, how do I get the damned thing to print out ?
I now have the opportunity to use my machine, but can't get the hard copy as the printer I use doesn't have an Acorn PDF....... however, the clever people at Computer Shopper told me therewere updates. Looking at the VA500 site I note that thereare updates that will allow me to use the Windows printer through an interface....so update from version 1.1 to 1.3 and all will be well........snag, how do I get the update to accept that I really do have version 1.1 ? It won't accept that the installed VA500 is a sibling..... If you have read this and know the answer, let me know, I'm dying to see what I can create on here using the most underrated system in the world.

Cheers Gunter :)

Post subject: Re: Where is everybody ?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:14 pm 

Gunter wrote:
snag, how do I get the update to accept that I really do have version 1.1 ? It won't accept that the installed VA500 is a sibling.....

You can't go to version 1.3 from 1.1, you first have to perform the 1.2 upgrade, and then the 1.3 upgrade. This is mentioned here.

Post subject: A bit quiet in here
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:54 pm 

Is this all worth it? (look at number of posts/dates of last posts; yes, I have submitted some posts).

Mike
:?:

Post subject: Upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:47 am 

Thanks for the reply. I am aware that the upgrade to VA500 has to be done in stages, however, I can't even seem to get the system to accept that hte version I am running is 1.1 !!! so I can't install 1.2.