www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: !Style and Virtual RPC Advust
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:02 pm 

Is there no one out there who has !Style and VRPC who can answer my query re not being able to Install it onto VRPC Adjust.
I have posted a message on the forum and to date not one reply.
I see from some previous replies to other !style problems it has been suggested that a Disc Image is copied and CCShare is copied to the !System in the VRPC.
What is a Disc Image and how is it created and used.
I have copied the installed files from my Real RPC to the VRPC HardDrive using the network, and !CCShared to the !system of the HardDrive, but still same problems, (see my posting in the Forum)
I am having problems installing !style on to VRPCadjust. I have both pre and post StrongArm versions available.
I have tried to install over the Acorn Network
I created a Share for the floppy on my Real RPC and all appears to start installing, I am asked to indicate where to install the programme, and the correct location for !systems is displayed, I am asked which other programmes in the !Style suite I required, but after a very short time the installation stops with the following message;- "The installation process has been interrupted, SWI name not known at 2890.
I have tried also to copy the !CCShared into the !system folder on the VRPC as per its location on the REAL RPC, and have copied the files for !Style to the hardDrive from the RealRPC onto the VRPC, and tried to run it but again it wil not run, the following message is displayed :- "Internal error:- Undefined instruction at &0000375C during error handling", "Style must quit now!"
Has anyone out there had similar problems, if so how did you get round them, Or can any one through some light on the problem.
Thanks
Allan