www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: VAclipboard.dll not found
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:51 pm 

On starting up VA two nights ago, I got the "VAclipboard.dll not found" error that has been mentioned in this forum before. I've not seen any reliable solution to removing this error message. In an e-mail, Aaron advised that this is not a showstopper although they've never been able to track down the reason for the error, but I thought it might be worth describing my experience with this error. Perhaps this will trigger a memory in someone else who had this problem and enable a common factor to be identified.

VA is installed on a quad-cord PC running Vista.

Since the last error-free run of VA (about a week ago), there has been one Windoze update applied: KB2545698 and KB2541763, on June 28. The only piece of PC software installed in the past week was the QuickTime Player.

I have two copies of VA. The second copy runs on my dual-core dual-boot Linux/Vista laptop. The same Windoze updates have been applied on this machine. There is no error message displayed by VA on the laptop.

I have compared the file properties of the VA executable, VAclipboard.dll and the containing folder on both machines. There appear to be no differences.

UAC is disabled on both machines. I am the only user and my account has administrator privileges.

I looked in the registry on both machines, but didn't see any keys related to VA. Are there supposed to be any?

Anyone have any thoughts on what else to check? I suppose I could try installing QuickTime on the laptop to see if that causes the error to appear.

Gareth

Post subject: Re: VAclipboard.dll not found
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 am 

A follow up to my earlier posting.

Just before dinner I entered VA and did some real work, for the first time since the error started appearing. I edited a large TechWriter document, swapping two chapters. After saving the document, I dropped out of VA and back into Windoze. My backdrop had disappeared! Just a black background. This may or not may be useful information.

Gareth

Post subject: Re: VAclipboard.dll not found
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:51 am 

Another followup. Just went back into VA to update !PrintPDF to the latest version. On exit, the screen background was again black.
I'm sure this is telling someone something :-)

Gareth