www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: This program requires HostFS2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 am 

I have recently re-installed VRPC on my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit machine.
It seems to be OK apart from two things, which may be related:

1 VRPC boots up to the full desktop but then displays the error message "This program requires HostFS2".
At this point the other problem comes into play - it does not respond to the mouse at all. However, Return clears the error and all seems to work correctly from then on - apart from the mouse (see below). I have Boot running only !DrivePop and !WinClip. How can I either get rid of this error or find out what is causing it?

2 Whether Booting up into a Window or full screen (from Restart), there is no mouse response - but the keyboard is OK. Once the error above is cleared, there is a response to double click (well, the double arrow pointer appears for a moment), and Menu works OK, but nothing else. Once changing between Window and full screen mode, the mouse works properly.

So I can get it all working correctly, but it would be better if these glitches could be diagnosed/corrected. Any ideas about where to look or what I should do?

Post subject: Re: This program requires HostFS2
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:01 am 
Site Admin

Assuming you have re-installed VirtualRPC from the original CD (and not re-installed over the top of an existing copy) then the faults can't be with the VirtualRPC build itself.

Have you downloaded and installed all the appropriate updates from the Downloads section of our website?
Have you set the Windows 7 "User Account Control" slider to "Never Notify"?

Post subject: Re: This program requires HostFS2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:01 pm 

I re-installed and it all works. I think I may have inadvertently brought across some of the old VRPC installation when I copied a backup of lots of stuff from my old PC and although it was uninstalled, something got left behind or I copied more that I thought!
I had applied the downloads and set UAC. So I have reapplied the downloads, copied my old !Boot and Documents from my backup - and it all works as it used to! Thanks for the support!