www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Two NIC with VirtualRPC-AdjustSA and WinXP
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:17 pm 

I have two machines running VirtualRPC-AdjustSA in WinXP.
Both machines have a gigabit onboard network interface connected by a twisted pair cable using subnet 10.0.0.x with mask 255.255.255.0 which I use for local network traffic (e.g. file copying).
Each machine also has a wireless network connection (via a usb adapter) using subnet 192.168.0.x and mask 255.255.255.0 which I use for internet access through an ADSL2+ modem router (10/100Mbps - ip 192.168.0.1).
This works in winXP because WinXP selects the fastest connection by default, and only passes on traffic not in either subnet to the router.
What I would like to do is use ShareFS on the gigabit connection, but the wireless connection is always selected when I try to transfer files between the VirtualRPC-AdjustSA applications on each machine.
I cant see any way to achieve this, but I'm not particularly knowledgeable in either windows or Risc Os networking. Is there any way I can convince winXP (or VirtualRPC-AdjustSA) to select the gigabit connection when using ShareFS?