www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MouseSync
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:46 pm 

Hi,
I understand that this isn't part of the official AdjustSA build, but is it possible to get the MouseSync DLL to work?
Thanks,
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:46 am 
Site Admin

Not with the current released versions, altough Graeme has done some more work on getting it to function. Once I have cleared my desk of the current work load I will take another look.

Post subject: Re: MouseSync
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:51 pm 

Has the situation changed at all in the intervening years? mouse scroll in Risc OS would be excellent.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:41 am 
Site Admin

We dumped the original method and came up with an improved one for the Mac version of VirualRPC. The intention was to port this back to the Windows versions of VirtualRPC, however some unexpected problems have got in the way. It's still on the list of things that need to be done, but I don't have a timescale :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:02 pm 

OK I'll keep my fingers crossed then, thanks for letting me know.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:51 am 
Site Admin

As part of the process of getting the updates back on track I am sorting out the process to make it much easier for both us and the users. The download pages on the website that provided the links to the updates are being re-designed to make them much easier to follow. I'm also working on a RISC OS app which will (hopefully) be able to examine an installation to tell what updates have been applied and when and to advise if new updates are available.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:45 pm 

Aaron wrote:
I'm also working on an app which will ..... advise if new updates are available.
That sounds good. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:55 pm 

Sorry to be a pain but is there any progress yet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Well...the updated design of the download pages (which I mentioned in a message in June) are active. Regretfully ill health and other (non RISC OS) projects have got in the way.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:31 pm 

How about now?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:47 am 

Hmm, anybody?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:39 pm 
Site Admin

If you mean has my health magically improved? Then no.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:05 pm 

So is this feature ever likely to be implemented or has support effectively now finished due to ill health?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:22 pm 
Site Admin

Apologies for the delay in replying, I needed to wait a couple of days before posting because your post has annoyed the hell out of me.

I did not say that support for our products had finished. It hasn't.

I used to get things done by working 12 to 14 hour days 6 days a week. I spent the working day dealing with customers, accounts, invoicing, producing stock etc. I would then work on product development in the evening. My health means that I can't work these long hours anymore. It takes me longer to do the general day to day admin, support etc. Hence development time is more limited than I would like. I'm not prepared to put myself back in hospital again by trying to work the way I used to.

I will continue to support the products I sell. Development of these products is continuing. In fact everything is continuing, it's just going to take longer.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

OK, I think I have finally calmed down enough to reply.

At no point did I say that products were not being supported. I spend time every day dealing with support matters. You took one point, the third party mousesync tool, which was what the discussion was about. You then generalised on the basis that, since I hadn't had time to work on mousesync ,it must therefore mean that I wasn't working on anything. You know full well that this wasn't the case and that I support my products. So I cannot understand the need to suggest otherwise

Running a small business in the current economic climate is hard work. To suggest that I sell products that I don't support was disingenuous at best. That's why you really annoyed me. I detest companies that sell products that they don't support. It's wrong to take money from a customer without offering support.

With regard to timescales, pre-announcing products that then didn't materialise, or were demonstrably faulty when they did appear, was one of the factors (perhaps the main factor) behind the demise of a number of RISC OS businesses. Microdigital, RISCStation, Cerillica, Qercus and plenty of others have fallen by the wayside over the last decade.

I have always had a policy that any new products/updates are only announced when they are finished. The only exception to this would be 'tech demos', where a new product is being demonstrated before retail release. However in the case of 'tech demos' there would be no announcement with regard to price or availability.

Having replied to the points raised in your post I have deleted it.