www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum

For support and advice on VirtualAcorn products
Forums now closed. This is an HTML only record of the content.
HTML version of Forum generated Thursday 24th May 2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: StrongArm Mouse Funny
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:27 am 

I've just upgraded to from VRPC-SE to VRPC-SA (i.e the Strongarm 4.02 version - not adjust) at Wakefield. There seems to be a slight issue with it in Strongarm mode (okay in other modes). Basically the mouse sometimes doesn't quite keep up when moving across screen, sort of has to 'catch up'. Also sometimes a bit of a delay between clicking and the actual action. It's a bit like the mouse issue that used to affect some early Virtual Acorns, but not as severe. FWIW I'm running on a desktop PC with 2.6GHZ P4 and 1GB ram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:50 am 
Site Admin

There is a similar thread on the VRPC-AdjustSA forum. I will make the same suggestion:
Press F12 and type
*Unplug RSTools
Press Return twice to go back to the desktop. Is the mouse any better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:05 pm 

Sorry it's been a few days since I've been able to give things a thorough testing. I've had a read of the other posting and can report basically the same as on there. Unplugging RS Tools makes no difference, but moving the CallWin32 folder does the job. Only thing is now I get a 'can't find <sync clock> error message just after the desktop appears. Although cancelling it causes no problems - just a slight annoyance. I can live with it. Also what have I lost without the CallWin32 stuff, other than the message (and improved responsiveness) I've not really noticed a deal of difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:47 pm 
Site Admin

Without CallWin32 WinClip won't work. I'm going to have a look at this problem next week and see if I can see what's up.